Airman Medical Exams
Please go to Medxpress.faa.gov and complete form 8500-8 online prior to your visit. Please bring a hard copy and the confirmation number with you.
To be as efficient as possible during your exam, please bring the following documentation:
- Picture ID- Current Driver’s license or passport.
- Eyeglasses if you use them.
- Special Issuance Letters.
- Medical Records from your personal physician for any CACI condition such as:
- Asthma, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Renal Stones, Pre-diabetes, Chronic hepatitis C, Glaucoma,
High blood pressure, Cancer of the prostate, Testicles, Kidney, colon or bladder.
- List of all medications you are using with name, dosage, length of time used and the condition requiring medication.
- A copy of the S.O.D.A (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) if applicable.
Payment is due at the time of service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you.
John Y. Shih, DO, FAAFP
$ 150.00 1st Class Physical $125.00 2nd and 3rd class Physical.
$ 40.00: EKG
$ 40.00: SPECIAL ISSUANCE
$ 25.00: EACH CACI reviewed
$ 25.00: Completion of Special Issuance
$ 25.00: Assistance with Special Issuance: Calls to FAA per ¼ hour
FAA FLIGHT PHYSICALS
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that pilots and other required crew members of an aircraft hold a current medical certificate. Certificates and physicals can only be given by certified Aviation Medical Examiners (AMEs). Since 2004, Dr. Shih has been certified by the FAA to conduct flight physicals and issue certificates in classes 1, 2 and 3 pilots.